Monday, October 28, 2019

Those Wasted Years

Image result for old farm

I looked upon a farm one day
That once I used to own;
The barn had fallen to the ground
The fields were overgrown.


The house in which my children grew,
Where I had lived for years--
I turned to see it broken down,
And brushed aside the tears.


I looked upon my soul one day
To find it too had grown
With thorns and nettles everywhere,
The seeds neglect has sown.


The years had passed while I had cared
For things of lesser worth;
The things of Heaven I let go
While minding things of earth.


To Christ I turned with bitter tears,
And cried, "Oh Lord, forgive!
I haven't much time left for Thee,
Not many years to live."


The wasted years forever gone,
The days I can't recall;
If I could live those days again,
I'd make Him Lord of All.

--Author Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment